Friday 16 May 2014

ZULU WAR HORSE


I have just finished painting these chaps for Simon Walker, they are the superb figures from Empress Miniatures 'Anglo Zulu War' range.
 
As I mentioned in my previous post, I found it hard work motivating myself to paint figures for someone else and I am now looking forward to painting my own projects again. (Sorry Simon but this will be the last batch)

The figures are Natal Native Horse, Natal Mounted Police, Natal Mounted Carbineers, Buffalo Border Guard and Newcastle Mounted Rifles. Along with the rest of Simon's Zulu War collection he will now have a huge amount of horse. Simon informed me that he wanted the units to be big enough, mounted and dismounted to be used for a Zulu War version of  the excellent 'Sharpe Practice' rules from the 'Too Fat Lardies' stable.












       





23 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning work Pat! I really like the NNH. One day I hope to get around to get some and painting them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures Pat !

    Thank you very much for sharing !

    I hope you will have a really nice weekend !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exceptional work on some exceptional miniatures.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Pat. I have to agree about the painting for others, I try to mix it up a little so one unit for them and then one for me. I find that helps.

    Regards

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Pat - couldn't let them go myself as they are simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masterful brushwork on these fine sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work on this guys! Great quality especially on that amount of mniatures! A really great looking force.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, splendid pictures and minis, really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb work Pat. I must admit that some of the detail work really stands out for me. The cowhide pattern on the spear holders, and the highlighting on the beards is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat, thanks very much for doing these, they look superb. I promise not to nag you about future commissions, well, this year at least! Simon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks chaps.
    Glad you like them Simon, I may come out of retirement for you when I retire ( lol ), if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb units and photos Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful painting mate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff all around! Any idea who sculpts this line of minis??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chaps.
      Jason, the figures are from Empress Miniatures.
      Pat.

      Delete
    2. Yep, I know they're Empress Minis. Just curious if you knew the sculptor. Looks like the work of Paul Hicks. Thanks anyway, and again great job on these.

      Delete
    3. Sorry Jason. Yes I can confirm they were sculpted by the talented Mr Hicks.

      Delete
  15. just stunning. I love the way you present them

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always Pat just real lovely work to include painting and photography!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, a stunning collection of horse

    ReplyDelete
  18. The photos are really good. They resemble the level of the effort you put in these figures. So nicely painted... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.