My first attempt at making a basic Middle Eastern building. I wanted to see how it turned out before making more complex buildings. I plan to use these for my North West Frontier, Modern Afghanistan and Sudan collections, they should also see action when Perry Miniatures bring out their 8th Army and Afrika Corps range of figures.
I have also made some irrigation ditches which I copied from 'Dougie's wargaming blog'. Dougie has made a much better job at making ditches and I recommend visiting his blog.
The building was made with foamboard, glued together with PVA, balsa wood and pieces of card for door frames and brickwork. Once assembled, I smeared tile grout over the walls to give it some texture.
The building was glued to a hardboard base, which was then covered in glue and sand. Cardboard hinges glued to the back of the door so it could be opened and closed for skirmish games.
The building was then painted in dark brown household paint and when dry, lighter shades were drybrushed on until I got the look I wanted.